Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: Dr. Benjamin Tham Wai Lum (KKH/TMC)

Review: Dr. Benjamin Tham Wai Lum (KKH/TMC)

Mummies,

I need review / comments / feedback about Dr. Tham and how he handles his patients as well as his skills being a gynae. What do you think of him? Heard that his charges are expensive. How true is this?

Quote Originally Posted by luna View Post
    Mummies,

I need review / comments / feedback about Dr. Tham and how he handles his patients as well as his skills being a gynae. What do you think of him? Heard that his charges are expensive. How true is this?
    Hi Luna.

I had Dr. Tham for my first baby. Such a friendly doc. I know that most women prefer to have a female gynae because it has been inherent to us that only women can understand pregnancy but Dr. Tham has amazing understanding about pregnant women. Well, of course they have been trained through their experiences plus they have studied all about it but i find it uncanny to have Dr. Tham so natural. He is kind and gentle. Very professional too.

If you think you won't mind talking about your condition to a male gynae then Dr. Tham is perfect for you. Just like he was for me.

Stay safe and healthy

Luna, i was also under the care of Dr. Tham with my first and second babies. Just like what Lancy had told you, Dr. Tham is crazily funny. Makes your rotten day brighter. You know how pregnant women can be moody, right? Hahaha. Anyway, i'm grateful of Dr. Tham because he gladly accommodated me even if i changed gynae few weeks before my EDD.

Hi there Lancy and Viet.

Got any idea about his c-section delivery skills? I'm not hoping to undergo one but it's always better to anticipate things like that to avoid problem with finances in the future.

Hello girls,

Well, Dr. Tham is a very cool guy. I dubbed him as the 'tech doc' because he is updated with all the technology right now. In fact, if you have queries, anything that relates to your condition as his patient, you can simply email it to him anytime of the day and expect a respond in just a few seconds or minutes at most. Yep, you read it right. He's always online. Haha. Other people might misunderstood him of being negligent because he doesn't seem to depart from his computer but personally, I find it pretty convenient because you can contact him easily during emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by luna View Post
    Mummies,

Hi Luna. My experience of being under the care of Dr. Tham when i was pregnant with my first baby was worthwhile. My hubby was more than grateful for him. I like how he takes care of his patient personally and by that i mean he will do the things that supposedly meant for nurses. For instance, i was up for an induction and normally it's the duty of the nurses to insert the prostin into me to start the process but Dr. Tham administered it personally and make sure that i was prepared and feeling well. This may seem little things to others but for me, i considered this as special because not all gynaes personally attend to their patients especially if they have nurses ready at their beck and call.

So, Dr. Tham is highly commendable.

Hi everyone.

I'm a teenage mom and pretty terrified with my condition. It's not that i don't want this baby but i'm worried of the possibility that i wouldn't be able to make this baby healthy during the pregnancy. Well, i have a lot of worries and listing all of them would take more than a day. Lol.

Anyway, my mom brought me to Dr. Tham for my first appointment and little by little, my worries are slowly fading. He made me feel at ease by his words and assurances that i will become a good mother to my child. He also explain to me the 'once-too-confusing-maternity terms for me has become clear like a water from a glass. Listening to him talk about giving birth, all the excruciating pain a woman goes through or getting my tummy open up and stitched back during c-section doesn't sound that much terrifying day by day. Right now, i'm 3 months more to EDD and my anticipation is building every day.

So if you asked me, i consider Dr. Tham to be someone that makes my situation a little bit brighter.

Hi all.

Reading all your experiences with Dr. Tham has inspired me to try him for myself. I just tested positive this morning and hunting for reputable gynae. I'm glad i decided to read posts from forums first before actually heading down or calling clinics.

Does anyone know if Dr. Tham has antenatal package? If so, would you care to tell me about the costs? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    Hi all.

Reading all your experiences with Dr. Tham has inspired me to try him for myself. I just tested positive this morning and hunting for reputable gynae. I'm glad i decided to read posts from forums first before actually heading down or calling clinics.

Does anyone know if Dr. Tham has antenatal package? If so, would you care to tell me about the costs? Thanks.
    Sorry Joyce but during my time there was no antenatal package offered for me. I pay consultation fees and other necessary charges everytime i visit.

Have you tried calling his clinic already?

Hmm not that much. For your first visit you will be charged $75 and then $50 for medication if he will prescribe some but second visit is $20 lesser than that which means you only get to pay $55 and the same for medication. That's what i normally pay every time i visit Dr. Tham's clinic. Quite reasonable actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast