Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review for Dr. Rosalind Chong as a Gynae

Hybrid View

Review for Dr. Rosalind Chong as a Gynae

Mummies, have you heard of Dr. Rosalind Chong from Mount E? Well i am a first time would-be mom and looking for a reliable gynae right now. I found some reviews about Dr. Rosalind Chong and I'm interested to pursue her. But first can anybody here say something about Dr. Chong's practice, experiences, skills in pregnancy matters?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Mummies, have you heard of Dr. Rosalind Chong from Mount E? Well i am a first time would-be mom and looking for a reliable gynae right now. I found some reviews about Dr. Rosalind Chong and I'm interested to pursue her. But first can anybody here say something about Dr. Chong's practice, experiences, skills in pregnancy matters?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there. I've already chosen a gynae at KKH but my first visit isn't until next week where i will be in week 6th. However, I got super excited about what the doctor would say about my condition that i called Mount E. Everything happened so fast that the next thing i know was they already set up an appointment for me on the day after i called. In my mind, i was thinking 'Wow, this is nice' because of the fast service and accommodation.

So when morning came, i was all prepared and ready to go. I learned that i was being scheduled to a certain gynae named Dr. Rosalind Chong. I was glad when i knew that i will be entertained by a female gynae. But being around with Dr. Chong, I don't know what's the reason but i don't like her personality. She seemed cold and purely technical. It was really an awkward situation. Added to that, she made me pay a whooping $500 for her charges and only 10 iron tablets even if she told me i'm going to have 30. After that incident i never came back to Mount E and signed up for a package at my original gynae at KKH.

Quote Originally Posted by happie View Post
    Hi there. I've already chosen a gynae at KKH but my first visit isn't until next week where i will be in week 6th. However, I got super excited about what the doctor would say about my condition that i called Mount E. Everything happened so fast that the next thing i know was they already set up an appointment for me on the day after i called. In my mind, i was thinking 'Wow, this is nice' because of the fast service and accommodation.

So when morning came, i was all prepared and ready to go. I learned that i was being scheduled to a certain gynae named Dr. Rosalind Chong. I was glad when i knew that i will be entertained by a female gynae. But being around with Dr. Chong, I don't know what's the reason but i don't like her personality. She seemed cold and purely technical. It was really an awkward situation. Added to that, she made me pay a whooping $500 for her charges and only 10 iron tablets even if she told me i'm going to have 30. After that incident i never came back to Mount E and signed up for a package at my original gynae at KKH.

Hello happie, sorry that you experienced such a great ordeal. I hope you're feeling much better now.
    I would like to ask if you delivered a healthy baby at KKH and if you can recommend your gynae to me.

Honestly, I was willing to give it a shot and just see Dr. Chong for myself but most mummies have negative feedback about her.
    Aside from what you have paid with your operation, did you happen to know about her delivery charges or ante-natal courses too?

Many women would be glad to meet a female gynae, same as me. However, never would I imagine that this is gonna become my worst nightmare in my life until today since it happened 2 years ago. As now I'm planning to have a baby with my hubby and visited a gynae on yesterday, this brings back my memories of this terrible gynae Rosalind.

I remembered my stomach was having some minor abnormal pain then I decided to visit a female gynae doctor at Toa Payoh and yes, she was Rosalind. She's really a bitch and a disgrace of gynae!!! She had described my condition in a very serious way and it truely frightened me. I was really scared and helpless at that moment as my bf (my hubby now) was not around due to work. Tears almost fall out from my eyes.

This Rosalind **** is really not professional at all, impolite and she will try whatever method to lie and cheat your $$. She exaggerated my condition, telling me is a life threatening situation, force me to make the payment first (with Cash or Nets ONLY!!), even the nurse at this Toa Payoh branch was so rude and talk in a very impolite way.

It was just a very simple process of removing some minor unnecessary things in my uterus (which I found out recently that these things are not affecting your health). This process and some pills had cost me for more than 5k. It's my worst nightmare until today and I believe this would remain in my entire life time.

I ***** her for unprofessional behaviour for cheating people's hard earned money, and most importantly hurting people and making people suffer so much mentally. She's worst than a ******. I **** hwr that she would have her ***** very very soon.

Last but not least, to all mummies and women. Avoid this **** at all cost!! Take your own risk if you dont believe this!!

Hello,
    JUST DONT GO!!!!!
    Thanks to the appointment system and our sense of urgency and excitment that we UNFORTUNATELYended up in rosalind clinic. Apart from being expensive, the kind of service provided was way below par.
    Started getting negative vibes the moment we spoke to the receptionist. They dont have itemised billings. Everythin is handwritten from appointment to billing, which could create issue during claim process.
    Even after the appointment we were made to wait 1hr 20 mins before seeing the doctor.
    Dr is rude disinterested and does not have any sense of respect towards her patient. Never ready to give advise and when asked few basic question related to my wife's job and her dietary requirement she just said "need to pay attention" Thts it!!!. We tried asking her again and she gave us 1 booklet issued by goverment for the expected mothers.
    It was a disastrous expierence and i hope mt elizabeth management take some step in revieiwing their gynaes.

Hi! This isn't related to pregnancy, but more on the doctor.
    I recently visited Dr. Rosalind Chong's clinic at Mt. E, and was impressed with the service of the receptionist and the doctor. Over the years, I have went to many doctors for this itch I've had. Some gave me weird looks, and they were one or two who told me it was all in my mind. But when I went to see Dr. Chong, she sympathised with me, and believed my story. She went through all the possible causes of itch, and excluded them one by one until we arrived at the real cause. She then gave me the medication for it, and though it was expensive, it took the itch away, and I've not itched since. I strongly recommend her for any patients who want a detailed explanation!
    She's pretty nice, and I think the fees are pretty reasonable. The other places all charged around the same. The only reason why mine was expensive was due to medication!

Excellent service provided! Dr. Rosalind Chong was patient with her explanations, and assuaged any worries I had with my issues. The nurse was also very warm and cheerful, and there was an overall caring vibe. Yes, the doctor can get quite stern, but I believe that is her way of showing she cares! Really appreciate all that she has done for me!

Excellent doctor in my opinion! She takes the effort to explain everything and in detail, which many previous doctors don't do so! She also managed to correctly identify what was my condition, which other doctors I visited in the past always just glossed over, saying it was normal. Then, when I was pregnant, she guided me through the entire journey and allowed me to make informed choices regarding my baby. Thanks to her, I had a normal delivery, and have a beautiful baby girl! God bless. Would highly recommend her to any expecting mommies, and to any women with concerns overall!!!

similar experience

Ladies, i just had the same negative experience. Luckily i found this thread before I let myself be hospitalized at Mount E under her any longer. (I immediately asked to be discharged and transferred to SGH!!) First, she overcharges. For a short session of chatting, she charges $300-450. That's excessive, considering that there is no surgery or complicated procedures involved. I fell victim because she happened to be in the A&E Mt Elizabeth when I went there for mild bleeding during 16week.

I would suggest you avoid this one. Very money-minded. Old age doesn't always come with experience or kindness. For overall 15-20 minutes of interaction with her, she charged a wobbling $1,100!! One should question about professional etiquettes or sympathy. I would say that, some doctors in Singapore just prey on unsuspecting expats who have insurance in order to overcharge. Use your own judgment about this doc's professionalism, let me warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laya View Post
    Ladies, i just had the same negative experience. Luckily i found this thread before I let myself be hospitalized at Mount E under her any longer. (I immediately asked to be discharged and transferred to SGH!!) First, she overcharges. For a short session of chatting, she charges $300-450. That's excessive, considering that there is no surgery or complicated procedures involved. I fell victim because she happened to be in the A&E Mt Elizabeth when I went there for mild bleeding during 16week.

I would suggest you avoid this one. Very money-minded. Old age doesn't always come with experience or kindness. For overall 15-20 minutes of interaction with her, she charged a wobbling $1,100!! One should question about professional etiquettes or sympathy. I would say that, some doctors in Singapore just prey on unsuspecting expats who have insurance in order to overcharge. Use your own judgment about this doc's professionalism, let me warn you.
    $300 to $450 ?! You mean just talking nothing else? No test or anything? If that is the case, it is very expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast