Thread: Dr. Mariam George of Kandang Kerbau Hospital

Dr. Mariam George of Kandang Kerbau Hospital

Hi all.

Anyone here who had Dr. Mariam George as a gynae at KKH? When it comes to caring patients, how is she in that department?
    Looking for a female gynae and Dr. Mariam George appeals to me because many moms are satisfied with her service.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Hi all.

Anyone here who had Dr. Mariam George as a gynae at KKH? When it comes to caring patients, how is she in that department?
    Looking for a female gynae and Dr. Mariam George appeals to me because many moms are satisfied with her service.
    Hi Apple. I bet you just got pregnant recently since you haven't found a gynae yet. How are you so far?
    Anyway, I am under the care of Dr. Mariam George right now and i'm 3 months more to EDD. For the past 6 months, Dr. George has been very good and kind with me. I'm having a difficult pregnancy, might be the age, but doc reassured me that she will do her best to do everything to keep me and the baby healthy. Perhaps we can see each other on your first appointment.

Ciao ciao ...

Hi doll, thanks for the reply. Well, i'm 4 weeks pregnant and feeling like myself. My mom told me i can take my time looking for a gynae whom i think is comfortable to be with since ideal time to start pre-natal is during the 6th week. This is their first grandchild so i am treated like a princess at home. Hahaha. Yesterday i felt the first signs of morning sickness. I'm hoping i won't get to experience severe morning sickness otherwise it's going to be a hassle.

I'm going to check out Dr. Mariam George next week and see if i like her. Have made my homework and did some research about her and so far i like what the mummies out there are telling about her.

May i ask about her charges?

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Hi doll, thanks for the reply. Well, i'm 4 weeks pregnant and feeling like myself. My mom told me i can take my time looking for a gynae whom i think is comfortable to be with since ideal time to start pre-natal is during the 6th week. This is their first grandchild so i am treated like a princess at home. Hahaha. Yesterday i felt the first signs of morning sickness. I'm hoping i won't get to experience severe morning sickness otherwise it's going to be a hassle.

I'm going to check out Dr. Mariam George next week and see if i like her. Have made my homework and did some research about her and so far i like what the mummies out there are telling about her.

May i ask about her charges?
    Well, she's a little bit expensive compared to others but i'm sure it's all worth it. On my part, i don't mind paying for expensive fees as long as my baby is safe. Excellent service comes with a great price. I suggest you and your hubby will start saving on it in case you'll get terrified of normal delivery and opt for c-section instead. But i hope and pray that both of us will be able to deliver normally. Most mummies said you will appreciate giving birth more if done naturally.

Hello apple and doll.

I have a gynae right now but doesn't want her when i give birth. Does Dr. Mariam George good at delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by kecik View Post
    Hello apple and doll.

I have a gynae right now but doesn't want her when i give birth. Does Dr. Mariam George good at delivery?
    Hi Kecik.

Mind telling me why you don't want your gynae on your delivery?

All my 3 kids were under the care of Dr. Mariam George. She's an excellent gynae and i've given birth naturally to all of them. Thank God. Personally, Dr. George is the best at KKH. She's gentle, patient and with a mother's touch. Although she was my gynae for all my children, each child was a different experience with her. I didn't feel any fear of giving birth because of her. Better check her out and ask all your queries. Don't worry, even if lots of preggy patients are lining up at her clinic, she will take time listening to you. Make sure to set up an appointment though before you head down to her clinic.

If you have any questions, i come to this forum regularly. I will try my best to give you answers

Take care.

Hi,

I'm new in singapore (arrived 2 weeks ago) and 14 wks pregnant (with twins).

My first visit with Dr. George was last week and it was completely different from what many people have been telling. She looked very rushed, did not have enough time to go through all my reports which i had from my gynaec before coming to singapore, challenged many of them and overwhelmed me with questions. I really felt very intimidated.

I am not sure what the reason was and we are confused whether to go back to her for our next visit or change my doctor. I know she is senior and very experienced but i did not find her comforting and am worried if i can ask her questions and how she will respond.

Dont know if this was just because it was the first visit and she's was taking over my case in the 14th week (cant help it since i have just arrived in singapore).

Would like to know more about your experiece with her - does she become more friendly with subsequent visits? That will help me decide whether to continue wiht her or change my doctor.

Much appreciate your response.

Thanks.
    Newinsingapore

I had a very bad experience with this doctor so i need to write my experience here to warn anyone else who might be seeing her.

She was bad when i visited her in april 2017 and may 2017
    she seemed to brush me off when i visited her , wasn't too interested in my case
    i had to get her opinion on whether or not to remove an ovarian cyst
    i had visited two doctors before her in other hospital who recommended surgery but came only to KK as my insurance had more coverage for public hospitals in singapore
    the previous doctors recommended removing the cyst
    this doctor george said it was 'upto me"
    I had a feeling she was bad since the first time i saw her, so i stormed out of the room with this despicable excuse for a doctor's opinion and said i will get another doctor's opinion in the hospital
    when i was leaving she asked whether i needed to get a referral letter to see another doctor
    i mistakenly said no, as i'm an expat here didn't realize i need it for my insurance
    when i followed up on this case later, she and her nurse both had the audacity to deny my request for the referral letter
    they both know im going into surgery to remove this cyst with another doctor in the same hospital and needed this referral for insurance claim
    they both had the audacity to lie and say that the doctor didn't offer to write one at the end of my consultation too
    it's a simple referral letter
    she's given a wrong consultation telling me it's upto me to remove the cysts when 2 doctors before her and one doctor after her in the same hospital recommended me to do the surgery
    and she's lied about writing the letter and denied a very normal request of writing one knowing that i need it for claiming the surgery on my insurance
    so what else can i say about my consultation with this "doctor"? it's s shame as she makes the whole of KK women's hospital look bad and is a bad egg in the nest. I had a reason for changing doctors and I hope she doesn't stay being a doctor for long so others don't have to come across such a bad, but more sadly, wrong service too.