Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Dr. Roland Chieng - Reviews please?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8

    Dr. Roland Chieng - Reviews please?

    Hello ladies,

    I am worried and happy at the same time. Worried because my hubby and I will experience a long battle (hopefully a short one) to conceive. Happy because we were able to find a good doctor here in Singapore that can take care of us and hopefully can give solution to our problem. We have been married for almost 3 years already and so far we had no luck getting pregnant.

    A friend of mine suggested Dr. Roland Chieng for our problem so we decided to head down to his clinic yesterday. Actually, we had Dr. Tan in Bedok but she referred us to Dr. Chieng which was a perfect coincidence when my friend suggested this doctor to us. I find Dr. Chieng to be sweet and kind. Not pushy or anything like that. So far i have no complain regarding his services and attitude.

    Anyway, since my problem is i'm not ovulating properly we were advised to go for IUI. This thing makes me worried. Hubby's sperm analysis looks good. Now my worries circled to the effectiveness of IUI. Anybody who have tried this treatment? How accurate is this?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Hello ysl, we are also going through IUI and worried sick and scared with the whole process. I've read a lot of forums about couples who undergo the same treatment and most of them resolved to IVF because IUI was unsuccessful. I don't want to undergo IVF because it's really expensive and we have been spending so much with IUI. Whew! we are crossing our fingers that there is something good out of this sacrifices.

    When are you starting to have the IUI?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by molly View Post
    Hello ysl, we are also going through IUI and worried sick and scared with the whole process. I've read a lot of forums about couples who undergo the same treatment and most of them resolved to IVF because IUI was unsuccessful. I don't want to undergo IVF because it's really expensive and we have been spending so much with IUI. Whew! we are crossing our fingers that there is something good out of this sacrifices.

    When are you starting to have the IUI?
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts Molly. Yes that's what i'm worried about, the effectiveness of IUI. Well, not that IUI isn't effective at all, i'm thinking about the extent of our problem. Does the procedure really painful? My sister-in-law told me to prepare myself because it's going to hurt and it makes me more scared.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Hello ladies, we are also advised to see a fertility doctor because we have been together for 2 years and no baby yet.
    I've searched a lot of forums and most mummies talked about Dr. Roland Chieng and how professional he is.
    Is he good? Should i go to a specialist instead or government hospital?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Hi Reo, i have never tried going to a government hospital because i heard a lot of negative things about it. Yes, it is cheaper compared to private ones but you have to wait for a long time to get entertained because of overflowing patients. I like Dr. Roland Chieng way better because he is fast and very straightforward. He doesn't like to keep the patient waiting for so long especially those who are heavily pregnant.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by ysl View Post
    Hi Reo, i have never tried going to a government hospital because i heard a lot of negative things about it. Yes, it is cheaper compared to private ones but you have to wait for a long time to get entertained because of overflowing patients. I like Dr. Roland Chieng way better because he is fast and very straightforward. He doesn't like to keep the patient waiting for so long especially those who are heavily pregnant.
    Thanks for your advice. Coming from you i guess i will check out Dr. Roland Chieng instead of wasting my time and money going to other doctors whom i've never heard of. Have you started your jab of IUI already? Care to share how it goes?

    Best of luck!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Hi ladies, experienced my first jab of IUI yesterday and it was not fun. Really, i don't mean to scare you all but it's the truth. It was like a torture to me. I kept on thinking about positive results with baby smiling at me so as to endure the whole process. My follicles have not reached the required amount so we need to get back there for 2nd dose in a week. Husband's egg count is low too. We both decided that if this will not work out successfully, we will give it a rest for a month or two. Perhaps we're just trying too hard.

    How are you all by the way?

    -ysl-

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    8
    Hi all,

    Does anyone has recent experiences on Dr Chieng to shares ,pls ?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovina View Post
    Hi all,

    Does anyone has recent experiences on Dr Chieng to shares ,pls ?
    Dr Roland Chieng, medical director of Parkway East Fertility and IVF Centre, my friend did her IVF with him and is quite happy.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1
    We are planning to go for IUI treatment with Dr Roland Chieng, Can you please suggest how much would it cost for whole cycle (so-IUI+ Scans+Injections) ?
    Please also suggest any other good doctor who can deal with infertility issues in singapore ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any problem posting, unable to login or notice any suspicious activities, you can email us at admin@hipponetwork.com. We do our best to response within 24 hours.