Thread: Hyperactive baby: Is this normal?

Hyperactive baby: Is this normal?

Hi there mummies,

I hope all of you are doing great.

This is not much of a concern but i'm going to ask anyway. Pregnant at 28 weeks now and i'm thinking that my baby is very active. I don't know if this is normal but i didn't experience this before during my first and second child. Baby keeps on kicking and he's got strong punch. I wouldn't mind it if it's occasional but as days passed by, his kicks are getting frequent. Sometimes i feel like someone is jumping inside me. Whew! What's the meaning of this?

Hi samatha. I think there is nothing to worry about. My experience happened to be more than yours as i can feel that baby does not only kick or punch but he also twist and turns. A lot of it actually. Somebody explained to me about that jumpy feeling inside you, the baby is actually hiccuping inside. It's sweet right?

My advise is that stay relax and well rested. Eat healthy foods and don't sweat too much about your baby being active. It's a good sign that he's alive.

Hi mommies!
    When i get pregnant and felt the baby's movement for the first time, I also worried. The kicks were frequent and strong and sometimes painful but it felt good. I once asked my gynae about it and she explained to me that kicking is the baby's way of getting exercise inside the womb. It also means the baby is healthy. I had fun guessing what my baby's gender was before I had ultrasound as my gynae told me that the baby's active state can help identify whether it's a boy or girl. So enjoy that experience and try not to worry too much.

Do not worry about getting kicks frequently. Your baby can't wait to go out and see the real world. I can relate in your situation and most of the time I get kicked on my sides and I even suffered from heartburn because my internal organs are pressured.

Hyperactive baby is normal. It's a good sign that your baby is alive, healthy and kicking. Don't panic and just relax. Cherish the movement in your tummy until you give birth.

Your baby is healthy and alive. I experienced the same and it was a wonderful thing that has happened to me.

Your baby is alive and kicking. It's a wonderful feeling to experience the kicking inside the womb although it's a little painful sometimes.

Yes it's normal to experience baby kicks. I've felt that a lot of times and it was scary when the kicks became stronger during my third trimester.

Quote Originally Posted by samatha View Post
    Hi there mummies,

This is not much of a concern but i'm going to ask anyway. Pregnant at 28 weeks now and i'm thinking that my baby is very active. I don't know if this is normal but i didn't experience this before during my first and second child. Baby keeps on kicking and he's got strong punch. I wouldn't mind it if it's occasional but as days passed by, his kicks are getting frequent. Sometimes i feel like someone is jumping inside me. Whew! What's the meaning of this?
    Baby kicks are wonderful. First time I felt baby kicks I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking of the little creature inside my womb. You know when we get pregnant we think that there is really a human being inside us but to feel its movements is something that solidifies what we thought. Don't worry it's perfectly normal. You should be happy that your baby is alive and healthy. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by samatha View Post
    Hi there mummies,

How's the little kicker now? I hope he's doing fine, active and very healthy. I am pregnant too and on the 22nd week. I started to feel the kicks but it's not so much like how you've described yours.