Thread: Worsening condition of constipation

Worsening condition of constipation

Hi all,
    Does having constipation when you're pregnant normal? Been having this problem for quite a couple of days already and it's not getting better even if i eat fruits that we believe can help cure it like banana or papaya or even apple. In fact, it's getting worse everyday. I'm taking Calcium pill and some fish oil, do you think these supplements are causing this condition?

I guess constipation is a normal occurrence when you're pregnant because i'm experiencing that too. I only drink lots and lots of water and it seem to be working well with me. Have you tried water therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I guess constipation is a normal occurrence when you're pregnant because i'm experiencing that too. I only drink lots and lots of water and it seem to be working well with me. Have you tried water therapy?
    Well, that's the first thing i did but it's not helping me solve the problem. I will consult my gynae about it on my next visit. Do you think there are other resorts other than water therapy and fruits?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vogue View Post
    Hi all,
    Does having constipation when you're pregnant normal? Been having this problem for quite a couple of days already and it's not getting better even if i eat fruits that we believe can help cure it like banana or papaya or even apple. In fact, it's getting worse everyday. I'm taking Calcium pill and some fish oil, do you think these supplements are causing this condition?
    Have you tried fybogel? My Gynae prescribed to me and it can be purchased at supermarket or pharmacies.

Drink lots of water and eat foods rich in fiber. Constipation is common in some women who are pregnant because of the pressure of the growing baby inside the womb.

Hi all,
    Have you asked your OB about your condition? My OB didn't advise me to take those supplements during my pregnancy. I just drink plenty of water to flush out the dirt.

It's not normal, but it commonly happens on pregnant mothers who are on their third trimester. This is because of the pressure caused by the growing uterus in the belly. Eat fiber-rich foods, drink plenty of water, reduce your intake of iron supplements if it's given to you on high dosage (consult your OB about this!).

Hi all,
    Did you try drinking apple juice like Mott's? It helped me a great deal when I was experiencing bad constipation during pregnancy. I didn't take anything because my gynae didn't prescribe me meds. Perhaps you need to stop taking all those pills and observe if your condition improves.

Eat lots of fruit such as papaya n banana n drinks lot of water

Actually being constipated while pregnant is somewhat a good thing because it allows the food to stay longer in our stomach so our body can absorb more nutrients which is pretty useful for the baby. However, this should not be tolerated because it can cause hemorrhoids as a side effect which is very dangerous for our health. It is very discomforting but there are ways to fix the problem and not be sick for the whole 9 months of pregnancy. Fiber is very good to avoid constipation. Instead of eating processed foods try eating fresh fruits, whole grain cereals, beans, bread. Take note: avoid white bread or white rice because it can clog up the intestines. Next thing is do pregnancy exercises. Don't eat too much during meal time and drink a lot water or vegetable juices.

Hope that helps.