Thread: Green papaya fish soup

Green papaya fish soup

I know it's pretty common for new moms to drink soup after giving birth to increase milk supply. I'm thinking would it be okay to drink soup while you're still pregnant? I really want to drink green papaya fish soup but i'm afraid it's not good for the baby.

What's your say on this?

By all means, sure you can. I'm drinking it as well so i won't have problem when it's time for me to breastfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I know it's pretty common for new moms to drink soup after giving birth to increase milk supply. I'm thinking would it be okay to drink soup while you're still pregnant? I really want to drink green papaya fish soup but i'm afraid it's not good for the baby.

What's your say on this?
    Hi Grace.

Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy.

I remember Thomson offered us green papaya soup to drink when i join the hospital tour. So, it's fine to have it while you're still pregnant. Doc says it's a good source to increase milk production.

hey Grace,

Rose is right! Actually this fish head and green papaya recipe is created by Thomson Medical Centre itself. On top of promoting milk flow and lactation, it's quite a simple but flavorful dish for mothers to have during confinement =) Happy cooking and drinking it!

Hello everyone,

My mother in law insisted to let me drink papaya fish soup since last week and I don't want to act like a stubborn daughter in law so I feel obligated. To be honest, papaya is one of the fruits that I didn't eat since i was young so drinking its soup sounds gross. Luckily i get used to the taste. She told me its very good for milk production. Anything for my baby

Yes you can, the only thing that you will consider during pregnant is to decrease caffeine in the diet and also contacting physician while taking any medications unless prescribed.