Thread: Differences between HARMONY and VERIFI .. which is better?

Differences between HARMONY and VERIFI .. which is better?

Is there any differences between HARMONY and VERIFI, my doctor send me for Verifi but my friend went for harmony? My clinic told me Verifi is more advance than harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by ulynn View Post
    Is there any differences between HARMONY and VERIFI, my doctor send me for Verifi but my friend went for harmony? My clinic told me Verifi is more advance than harmony.
    I was told they are the same except they are done by different clinic and both test for down syndromes

Quote Originally Posted by lase View Post
    I was told they are the same except they are done by different clinic and both test for down syndromes
    No they are not the same. Following explain the differences between both, verifi do more test and it can is more sensitivity. It can also test for gender

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NIPT-Comparison-Table.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	1316

There are few of NIPT test that is offered by doctors in Singapore like Verifi, Panorama and Harmony. It is important to note that they are not screening test and not diagnostics. The only diagnostic test available in the market is CVS or amniocentesis and both these testes are invasive which carry some risk in miscarriages. NIPT can be conducted as early as 10 weeks but it also has a certain level of false negative result. It does not test the baby itself but the chromosomes of the placenta.