Thread: Pregnant and starting new job soon

Pregnant and starting new job soon

Hi everyone, I'm in this situation whereby I'll be starting my new job in a month's time and I just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. When will it be a good time to let my new employer know about my pregnancy? And do they have any rights not to accept my appointment or dismiss me before the 3 months probation period? This is my first pregnancy and I'm really happy yet stressed over the possible lost of my new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccomom View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm in this situation whereby I'll be starting my new job in a month's time and I just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. When will it be a good time to let my new employer know about my pregnancy? And do they have any rights not to accept my appointment or dismiss me before the 3 months probation period? This is my first pregnancy and I'm really happy yet stressed over the possible lost of my new job.
    Medical checkup is normally where you are required to take X-ray so it would be best to tell them sooner or later, better to tell them sooner.