Thread: ivf

ivf

Hi i am new here. Been trying to concive for the past 3 years to no avail. Hubby and me considering to go for IVF. Want a few advice from all strong ladies here. How dose IVF work i mean charges wise. Any recommendation to which hospital one should go. Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by cookie gal; 02-20-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by cookie gal View Post
    Hi i am new here. Been trying to concive for the past 3 years to no avail. Hubby and me considering to go for IVF. Want a few advice from all strong ladies here. How dose IVF work i mean charges wise. Any recommendation to which hospital one should go. Thanks in advance...
    Have you seen a gynae on what could be the cause of it?

Hi trudywee76... thanks for the reply. Yes i have seen the gyne i have a poly in the womb jus knew of it on 18th feb 16. Its very small in size told to come back in 3 months time to have it checked. I dont want to wait anymore and considering on ivf am 33 yrs old as of 20 feb....

Hi,

If you want to try IVF, you can consider dr sadhana from KKH.

For ivf, if you did not reach age of 40, you still can have some grant.

for KKH, there's a long waiting list. If you start now probably after all the checkup, you can only have your IVF or ICSI done at August ? If you choose to ignore the grant, go to private and can it done immediately with all the blood test etc.

Don't listen to too much recommendation of the IVF Dr. Use them as a reference as these doctor somehow are too popular thanks to the search engine. Talk to the doctor and find one that you are comfortable with. And when IVF or ICSI is concern, the lab culture seems more important. Do they really have the capability in fertilising the eggs or grow them to day 2 or day 5 is a big question.

Most ad we saw promote their embryologist as blah blah blah but ended up the actual person who doing the injection is not himself or herself.

Another concern, how they handle the specimen in the lab to avoid a mix-up. There's this doctor who told me that there's always mix up in the lab but all hospital private settle with the patient. That's a scary fact. The thomson medical mixup is brought to court is mainly due to the skin colour, many cases are covered up.

Its important that you feel comfortable with the doctor you see. For eg, Dr Sadhana from KKH wont be on my list of recommendation as she only sees you for 5 mins each time. Every appointment feels rushed and after waiting for 1 hour to actually see her, before you can ask questions she will hurry you on by saying she has a lot of patients to see. She doesnt engage you more than 5 mins, if you have questions to understand your situation, forget about being able to ask her, have to do your own research. After 1hour of waiting and 5 mins of consultation you have to pay around $135 for her consultation!!!!