Thread: Gynae Chen Lin Han

Gynae Chen Lin Han

Hi all dear Mummies & MTB,

May I know is there anyone seeing Dr Chen Lin Han at Chong Pang recently?
    Did anyone with Dr Chen delivery at TMC? Cause he seems to be more active delivered in Mt.A as he has a clinic in Mt.A. As I prefered to be delivery in TMC.

Any Mom/Mtb can share the experience with Dr.Chen? Cause most of the comments for Dr. Chen are not recents.

Just to share my 1st visit to Dr.Chen cost me $200 for Consult, Scan + folic & vitamins (2 types) in total.
    Is the price normal? BTW I'm 6wks during my 1st Consult.

Appreciate for all reply & recommendation for Gynaes.

Hi, my 1st visit to Dr Chen Lin Han at 6 weeks plus just a few weeks ago. Paid $220 for florxin ($7.50), duphaston ($42.50), consultation normal ($100) and US normal ($70). Expensive for a 10 mins visit! I guess the $100 is on ultrasound.

FIRST WARNING- The nurses appeared to be friendly but please be aware. My personal experience is bad with this FAKE, friendly but impatient old nurse (she wears glasses, tan, chinese aunty who always picks up the phone) who refused to explain to me in details what tests or package will be needed for my first trimester when I asked. She judged me, took advantage of me as my foreigner husband was with me. Also, later when I asked my other Singaporean friends around, I realized some clinics will not simply take advantage of us if we mention WHO recommended us to go there. It's best to have the mummy's name. For my case, I bluntly told her it was my first visit and knew the clinic after reading from forums like this one. There you go. I've learnt my lesson, and will only go for recommended gynae from my own friend/s.

Review on Dr Chen - Friendly, normal details, but spoke too fast. Personally it made me more nervous for my first visit that I forgot what I had to ask. I'll get a list of questions on your phone/paper for my next visit to another gynae. Secondly, I'm dissappointed Dr Chen sounded like a salesman when he highly suggested my husband to have a blood test to confirm something, even after I told him he's visiting his hometown which he can get it for free. But, good that at least, he later wrote down the tests needed to be done to make sure. Still, I already felt uncomfortable.

PS: I have doctor friends and families and trust me, I know those stories where doctors just out there to earn our money with unnecessary tests. I'm not saying Dr Chen is like that, but be aware of these facts.

WORST- After 10 mins (yeah, and I was charged a high $220), while waiting, the nurse told me I had to be back in 2 weeks time. Not for any test but just for the doctor to do ultrasound AGAIN! SERIOUSLY? DO YOU THINK I'M STUPID? My mum, sisters and other mummy friends warned that we don't need the scan this frequent at this early stage and it could potentially hurt the baby! A good gynae won't keep asking the patients to do that! This is a red flag for me.

Plus, I have already told the clinic nurses I am traveling during the time I'm supposed to take a test for Down Syndrome. The same nurse looked unhappy and said 'oh, the hospital there may not know what they doing'. Seriously? This is a first world country I'm going. IF I can't be back in time means I can't. These people are so desperate to earn my money I'm afraid.

That's why I'm here to warn all the mummies here. Be careful. Don't appear blur blur like me on my first visit and don't be afraid ask whatever needed. We pay, we have the right! The nurse even told me she won't tell mummies in general what tests to be done in advance, just by each visit, she'll then inform. Sounds like a good marketing and sales strategy but that's wrong in my eyes! We need to know and plan in advance, for time and budget to compare. More you wanna hide, more I find it suspicious. Wrong for me to be so friendly with her at the first place, I was taken advantage. I'll never go back there again. JUST NO WAY!

Hi all,
    My gynae is Dr. Chen Lin Han. I read from forums also refer by my friend. Recently we both got our delivery.
    The charges are explained clearly to us.
    Cost is nominal here in Singapore compared with
    hometown It'expense. I never refered for scans when not necessary.Detail Scan for 5 months, third trimester scan and consultation scan after then.
    The pros is Dr Chen gave us details on baby growth, size, weight, position and is very certain and precise in words shared in consultation.
    My husband took blood test initially.
    The medicine is good enough to cover nutrient and suited to pacify abnormal occurrence if any.
    I always got pro lacta DHA (omega3 fatty acid)capsules which I feel very essential for recovery and strength also for baby. I feel it saved a lot in post delivery period.

I just drop by the clinic today. 1st visit about $225 cos include one scan. Subsequent visit abt $185 only package starts from wk 12

I find Dr. Chen's consultation fees and other charges pretty reasonable. However, i understand that people have different understanding of reasonable. I suggest to visit or call the clinic personally and schedule for an appointment. With regards to the treatments Dr. Chen administered to us, we had a series of blood tests, some vitamins for my hubby and me, etc. I think they were the usual stuff and with Dr. Chen's care, we succeed.

So for good and effective.
    Last edited by kokosharyln; 01-20-2017 at 10:47 AM.

During labour I got support from midwifes and lady gynaecologist in labour ward to assist in maternity. My husband support me and also in the ward to comfort me. Our Baby was out with a loud cry. Thank God!
    Dr Chen Stiching is no pain. Dr Chen really care and more cautious on safety of baby and mom.
    Painkillers not needed much. Took less dosage.