Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KK hospital vs Thomson medical

KK hospital vs Thomson medical

I wanna know the difference in delivering at private and public hospitals like KKH and Thomson Medical Center such as the costs, quality of services, and equipment.
    Btw, this is my first time and really donít have idea. I hope youíll provide me more infostht will help me find the cheaper but good service.

Thanks!

There is really big difference between the two. The fact that KKH is public or government operated while TMC is private.

Costs
    In KKH you can avail of the subsidy from the government which means you will pay lesser. However in private you can still avail of the so called medisave.

Quality of Service
    KKH nurses are not so good. You’re lucky if you will have a good or nice nurse but as of my experience, I can consider myself as one of those unlucky one. My MIL got argument with of the nurse there.

While in TMC, you can expect that you will get very good accommodation. Nurses were very friendly and rooms are very comfortable.

Equipment
    I’d rather say that Mt. E’s equipment are better than of KKH.

I would suggest you to go for Mt. Elizabeth. Yes, it might be expensive than of KKH but you are assured of good quality services. The people there are nice unlike in KKH nurses are moody and ill-mannered.

I guess experiences varied. I had a good stay at KKH when I delivered my baby 4 months ago. Nurses were good and my room is clean and comfortable.

Maybe you were on private suit? Well, based on what I’ve observed during my stay there, the quality of their services depend on the type of ward you belong which means there is something like discrimination in the way they treat their patients.

Due to many negative feedbacks regarding KKH, I never wasted time on thinking of delivering there but I did not had my delivery at Mt. E either because they were fully booked that time so my option is either to go to Gleneagles or Mt. A. At the end I chose Mt. A and never ever regret my experiences there.

Getting a private suit at KKH is just like you are in any of those private hospitals. The charges for their private suit are also expensive. And not all nurses assigned in private suit will treat you good. That is why, for my second baby I will never ever get back to KKH again!

Hi! If I were to choose among the two hospitals I prefer Thomson. I have 4 kids and 3 of them were delivered at TMC while the eldest was at KKH. Having bad experience on the attitude of the nurses at KKH I switched to TMC during my second up to the last pregnancy.

Hello!

I registered for a maternity tour at TMC. I met their staff who showed me the maternity ward and the delivery room. The facilities seemed good and very clean. As of KKH, I heard so many negative feedback about it and not even in my list.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion and experiences. My husband went to KKH this morning and he even didn't prefer there even though we can save a lot when I deliver my baby there. Tomorrow He and I will go to TMC and other private hospitals to check it personally. I will update you when done with hospital tour...heheheh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast