Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home pregnancy test negative but missed period

Home pregnancy test negative but missed period

I used to have a regular period but just this time my menses already 6 days delayed. I suspected that I am pregnant as I am experiencing some pregnancy symptoms but when I did a pregnancy test it turns out negative.

This is my first time to experienced this. During my past two pregnancies, I used to have accurate result but just this time not. Anybody here experienced the same? can you share your experience and how did you handle it?

I understand how frustrating your situation is. I used to experienced the same. I did a check up with my doctor and then we found out that I had a chemical pregnancy.

I guess that was the most disappointing moment in my life because I was really excited to have a baby.

thanks. yes, it really frustrate me. I am not expecting a baby but if I am pregnant then I will still be glad. What brand of pregnancy test kit is very accurate? can you suggest?

Hi!
    6 days delayed is too early to test. you should try again after one week. maybe your hcg level is still low when you did your test. There are several factors why we delayed our menses. I suggest you to do some research online or visit your GP.

yeah I agree! and some of those factors is health related so if i were you, i better check my gynae. btw, you can ask your gynae to do blood test to really confirm the result.

I think the best thing you should do is to check with your gynae.

Just wanna share my experience.

I had a negative result with home pregnancy test kit and with blood test. But the week after I did the test I feel ill, something like morning sickness so i get back to my gynae and she told me to do an ultrasound. the ultrasound result suggests that I am really pregnant. I was 8 weeks pregnant already.

See? if i did not insist there will be possibility that i might put my baby on risk right?

ohhhh... that was really terrible! I didn't expect that there are cases like that. But good thing you are able to follow your instinct.

hi! I am just confuse what happen? why did the home test kit as well as the blood test did not detect the pregnancy? that was kinda scary, i swear! imagine you could possible do risky things because you are confident that you are not pregnant.

The gynae found out that I got deficiency in progesterone. It causes the negative results of both the home pregnancy test kit and the blood test.

That is why I am advising any mtb here to go immediately to your doctor once you experience doubt on the result of the test.

Hello MTBs!

Thanks for your time reading this thread and also for your replies. I already scheduled my check up with my gynae this week.

....I felt sorry for you experience, that was so rare but gives us a lesson. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast