Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to increase breast milk production?

We used to have the same problem but mine was already solved. You can go for breast massage. I've known a massage lady who really helped me manage my lumpy breast.

Breastmilk is also slow to come but my lactation consultant advised me to eat lactation cookies since I don't like the taste of fenugreek. So far its working well but the price is quite expensive which bothered me in some point.

Is fenugreek bad taste? I'm planning for it since soup is not working for me. btw, where can I buy fenugreek and those herbal teas you've mention here?

..and also, how much is that lactation cookie?

After 2 weeks of from my c-sect. I got trouble on breastfeeding. my right breast didn't produce enough milk. I tried pumping it out but I was really scared when blood come out. I was that really scared and almost cried but my MIL told me that its okay, that things really happen especially when the breast got little amount of milk....Since then i had this fear of feeding my baby through my breast and introduced formula milk. but my Mom, keep on encouraging me to breastfeed my baby again but I guess im not ready. I will see to it that my breast produce enough milk before put baby to breast feed again.

This thread really helps as I got ideas on how can I increase my breastmilk. Thanks mommies!

First,reasons for not producing enough breast milk can have many such as stress/fatigue, introducing milk bottle too early, incorrect breastfeeding position.

Food that can increase breast milk include: fenugreek (available in GNC in the form of a capsule), fennel, oatmeal, unripe papaya, salmon, red dates, sweet potato.

Last, but not least, you should also need to drink enough water. About 70% of breast milk is water. If your body is not hydrated, it is difficult to produce enough milk.

Has anyone tried any of the new formula milk brands mentioned in the article yet? How did your baby respond?

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...mber-last-year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12