Thread: Travelling to US in 2nd trimester

Travelling to US in 2nd trimester

I really need some advice - I would like to travel to US in March and I read online that it is ok to travel as long as there are no complications.

But to my surprise, when I check with the clinic, the nurse said the furthest I can travel to is Sentosa! I am disappointed with the comment as I thought it is ok to travel.

Then again, I didnt hear from the horse's mouth coz it was the nurse who told me so. So my husband also called the nurse to ask again, and she reluctantly said Dr does not encourage me to travel overseas as nobody will know what to do if something happens overseas.

I really wish to hear from Dr direct but our usual communication with him is thru the nurse, so I also dunno what to do. :-(

So I really want to hear from real people Ė would you travel 15-17 hours when you are pregnant?

Sentosa? Are you having a healthy pregnancy or are you at risk for miscarriage? What is your mode of transportation?

Usually pregnant women in 2nd trimester are good to travel because it's passed the danger stage. As long as you're healthy and there are no complications with the baby you should be able to fly. How come you can't talk to your doctor personally about this? Did the nurse mention about complications?

I've traveled to US when I was in my second trimester. You can travel there with no complications in your pregnancy. You just have to be careful.

First thing to do is to consult your gynae about it. If your pregnancy is going well and there are no complications then you shouldn't have a problem travelling to the US. It's best that you will have someone to go with you rather than travelling alone. You are still in a fragile stage and you need to be very careful. Good luck.