Thread: Good dermatologist for baby with eczema

Good dermatologist for baby with eczema

Hello mommies!

I really had a sleepless night yesterday because my baby kept on crying and scratching his legs and back. He was sleep disturb my itchiness. I put some skin ointment on the areas where he used to scratch frequently but I guess it made it worst. Just this morning I realized that my baby might have eczema. I am planning to bring him to paed or dermatologist but our GP is not in the country. Anyone of you here can recommend tried and tested dermatologist for baby??? I will surely appreciate your replies. Thanks!

Hi! You should not put any cream to it without the prescription of your paed. It’s best to consult the right person before doing any action that’s what I learned from my own experience. Btw, baby had skin problem recently and I brought him to Dr Lynn Chiam at Mt. Elizabeth.

Try Dr Liew at KKH. Steroid cream was given to my 3 years old son and it really soothes my son’s itchiness. You can also find his other clinic at SBCC. I hope your baby get well soon because it really hurt to see baby suffer.

Oh! That’s so sad to hear! Maybe your detergent soap and the food your baby ate have something do to with that itchiness. Btw, please try to visit Dr Dawn Yang’s at her at Kinder Clinic (paragon). The whole family consults her whenever any of us got some skin problem.

Hello, my baby's dermatologist is Prof Giam Yoke Chin. she is very good dr. by the way have you tried putting cream on your baby? why don't you try putting California's baby calendula cream first and observe him and if it really persist then that's the time you go to dr.

Dr Liew was recommended by my SIL but his appointment queue is very terrible that is why I looked for another dermatologist for my baby and I came across Dr Chan Yuin Chew fr NSC. Very good dr... I've got no regrets for him.

Hi! my baby is currently seeing dr Dawn Yang’s for her skin problems... I thought my baby is having eczema but good things its not what I'm thinking. It is just some sort of food allergy.Dr Yang already prescribed me skin cream and give me list of foods to avoid. She told me also that sometimes the detergent soap that we use in washing our baby's clothes have something to do with allergies and itchiness they experience.

Yeah I agree about detergent. That's what I've noticed. My baby used to have allergies before. her paed used to prescribed us calendula cream. it was effective but the allergies comes back. I tried to avoid giving here some food that might trigger her allergies yet the allergy still comes back until i found out that detergent also a factor.