Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Eczema on my baby

Bad Eczema on my baby

Hello mommies!

I am so worried for my 2 years old baby. She is experiencing itchiness and has a dry skin in some parts of her legs and back. A friend told me that my baby might have eczema. Do you think it is eczema or just an ordinary itchiness? Any mommy here can give me advice on what cream should I put on?

Hi! I guess it’s best to consult your baby’s paed first. Whether it is just an ordinary itchiness or eczema, the right person that can give you the right medication is the doctor. As for now, I think it is best to change your detergent because there are some cases that itchiness is due to the strong detergent used in laundry.

I agree with you! It is best to consult the paed first before applying anything. Btw, how many days did your baby experience itchiness??

Hello all! Thanks to your replies! It’s been 3 days already. She kept on crying especially when she sweats. I didn’t bring her yet to paed but I am already planning to bring her to as skin dermatologist either today or tomorrow. Can you suggest me of a good dermatologist for babies around?

My baby used to have eczema too. His paed recommend California baby calendula cream. It’s very effective! My baby’s dry skin and itchiness lessen and finally gone after 4 days.

Hi all! My baby also has the same skin problem. I already putted California baby calendula as what the paed recommend but it’s been 2 days already yet itchiness remains. Unfortunately, paed is out of town this time. My heart really breaks seeing my baby suffer from itch. Any more cream can you suggest?

Have you tried Gaia’s soothing lotion? It is very effective on my baby’s rashes and itchiness. But I don’t know where to buy it because it was only given by a friend who used to have eczema too. But internet can help you location stores that sell it.

Why don’t you bring him to another paed?? There’s a god paed at Hougang Ave 8, I just forgot the full name but he is good. I used to bring bay daughter in his clinic when she suffer from eczema 3 years ago.

Hey, mommies! I am using Topicrem Emulsion Ultra Hydratante to moisturize my baby’s dry skin but put some Cetaphil after shower. Ahmm, are you referring the clinic near UOB ATM? At Hougang Ave 8?? I used to visit the clinic but the waiting time is terrible and oh! The staffs were not nice ;(.

I see. Thanks for the information. I’ll try to ask my paed about the ICM Emulsifying Ointment but so far I noticed that my baby is doing well with the two skin products. She can sleep now, only wakes when sweat, so as much as possible I am trying to not let her get sweat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast