Thread: Anyone experience buttock muscle pain during pregnancy?

Anyone experience buttock muscle pain during pregnancy?

Hi all mom to be, I m in 2nd trimester & recently accidentally teared my buttock muscle & it's not getting better after 1 mth+. Until recently Went to see gp n prescribe me some cream with paracetamol as painkiller but after applying the cream n eating the medicine it doesn't seem to get better. Nite time a torture since can't move ard easily n can't sleep well. So wondering if anyone ever experience this n any good way to cure the pain n get better fast?

I did. It was an unpleasant experience. My OB told me it's just muscle strain from just too much stretching. Did you go see another doctor for second opinion about it?

Can you ask your doctor about it? If he/she can recommend acupuncture or massage on your buttocks, that would be a good idea as long as it won't harm your pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by fer-sg View Post
    Hi all mom to be, I m in 2nd trimester & recently accidentally teared my buttock muscle & it's not getting better after 1 mth+. Until recently Went to see gp n prescribe me some cream with paracetamol as painkiller but after applying the cream n eating the medicine it doesn't seem to get better. Nite time a torture since can't move ard easily n can't sleep well. So wondering if anyone ever experience this n any good way to cure the pain n get better fast?
    Perhaps a second opinion should be done. Try to see another doctor and find out the diagnosis and you will be given the right treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by fer-sg View Post
    I did during my 2nd pregnancy. It was too painful and made me totally motionless. Like you the pain is worst at night time. I had a hard time sleeping. When I consulted my gynae about it she prescribed me some painkillers that is safe for the baby. Good thing the pain subsided after 3 days. Hopefully it's nothing major on your part. Just in case, it's always advisable to ask for 2nd or 3rd opinion especially if the medicines you're prescribed to are not working for you.

I hope you'll get well soon.