Thread: Pubic bone pain

Pubic bone pain

Hi, I'm currently in my 33rd week. 3 days ago after my walk I experienced pretty sharp pain in the left pubic area. The pain has not subsided since and it's affecting the way I walk. Any idea what's happening? I hope this is not a sign of pending labor!

Quote Originally Posted by happyashin View Post
    Hi, I'm currently in my 33rd week. 3 days ago after my walk I experienced pretty sharp pain in the left pubic area. The pain has not subsided since and it's affecting the way I walk. Any idea what's happening? I hope this is not a sign of pending labor!
    Hi there ...

I think you're having the pelvic girdle pain which is very common for pregnant mothers. It can occur either on the first trimester or the last stage of pregnancy. It's nothing to worry about, i assure you that. I experienced the same thing about 5 months ago when i was about to give birth to my first baby. Like you i also worried a lot about it but my mom and mother in law as well told me it's normal.

Since you've felt it at the last stage of pregnancy, it only signifies one thing - your baby's head is engaging. Isn't it nice? Try to avoid walking too much or laying in bed on your back because it makes the pain worse. Also keep your gynae updated with what you're feeling.

Good luck!

I don't see any problem except for impending labor, you seemed scared, well I guess there's nothing to worry about that, not unless copious blood will start dripping then that's another story.

I did experience pubic bone pain during my 38th week, probably because I might have given birth anytime soon. The pain was not present when I was in my first and second trimester of pregnancy.

What was the findings of your pubic bone pain? Was it because you were having an early labor? I haven't experienced that yet during my pregnancy.

Hi mummies, I was complaining the same thing to my hubby 3 weeks ago. We went immediately to my gynae because we were worried something wrong might happened and it turned out that my body is preparing for the baby to come out. It's true because a week after I gave birth to our beautiful first baby.

Don't worry you are not the only one who is experiencing pubic bone pain. My cousin who is 36 weeks pregnant suffers from the same area where you are in pain. This is due to sitting for so long with added weight from your baby belly. Try to walk for a while and stretch your butt / hip muscles