Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for good pediatricians in Toa Payoh?

Suggestions for good pediatricians in Toa Payoh?

My family is moving to Toa Payoh and I am at a lost about which pediatrician to see in that area. Can you help me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I can suggest you see Dr. Chan Kit Yee at SBCC, Mt. Alvernia. It will only cost you $45 per visit.

Dr. Chan is my baby’s PD. She is very comprehensive in her examinations. I appreciate how she was able to detect the bug that affected my boy which was made him very sick. He recovered quite fast after that.

I wouldn’t go to Dr. Chan if I were you. I had a bad experience with her. She was very impatient with us and was very reluctant in answering our questions. We were in and out of her room in 10 minutes! On top of that I paid a whopping $80 for her service!

I also cannot stand Dr. Chan’s attitude! She was also very impatient with us when we went to see her and seemed she couldn’t wait to send us out the door when we asked her questions.

She is really not as bad as you described. In fact, she is rather helpful and caring. Recently, my baby was hospitalized. Dr. Chan came very late at night even on a Saturday to look at my child and immediately prescribed medicines for her to make sure she got well.

My recommendation is for Dr. Terence Tan of Kinder Clinic, Mt. Alvernia. My baby is quite fat so I knew it would be difficult to insert a drip on him. I was actually preparing myself to hear him scream his lungs out as Dr. Tan poked the needle in him to search for his vein. I thought the Dr. Tan will take several tries to find the vein. To my pleasant surprise though, he managed to find it at the first try. I was relieved that my baby did not have to suffer more than once. I am very grateful to Dr. Tan.

Thanks for that comment! Now I know where to go when my baby needs jabs or needs a drip.

I agree that Dr. Tan is good but you have to wait a long time to see him because there is always a long queue. It’s very inconvenient especially if you are carrying a sick and crying baby.

My suggestion is that you go to Dr. Tan because he makes himself available to you even at night time. There was one time when we had to go to the A&E at night. They called him for us and he came rather quickly. He was also very reassuring with us. He made sure to allay our fears. He was also very comprehensive in his assessment of our child and his explanation of my son’s condition to us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast