Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you recommend a pediatrician in Bishan?

Can you recommend a pediatrician in Bishan?

We live in Bishan so Iím looking for a pediatrician there. Can you recommend anyone?

You can go to Dr. Chan Kit Yi at Mt. Alvernia. She also has a clinic at SBCC AMK on Thursday evenings.

I only have two thumbs up for Dr. Terence Tan at Kinder Clinic, Mt. Alvernia. Even though my son has a lot of baby fat and his vein is not easily locatable for the insertion of the drip, Dr. Terence Tan was able to find it at the first try and saved my baby a lot of pain. He was also willing to stay on till late at night just to make sure that my baby was alright during his hospitalization. That’s my kind of doctor!

Dr. Tan also attended to our child even at a late hour when she was hospitalized. He is indeed very hard-working. He sees patients early in the morning and goes on with his work until late at night.

The only downside about seeing Dr. Tan is that there is always a long line to see him. It’s such a hassle!

Dr. Shermela Appan at Children’s Medical Center, Bishan is our baby’s doctor. I am very happy with her because she is very relaxed and reassuring to anxious parents such as me. She also prescribes as little medicine as possible for my baby.

My baby’s doctor is also Dr. Appan. She is very detailed in her assessment of my baby’s fever. She is also very thorough in finding out the cause of the illness and told us that it is more important to find the cause first before bringing the temperature down. She was also very gentle in administering jabs and even if there were multiple injections, my baby hardly cried at all.

I don’t recommend Dr. Woon at Bishan Baby & Child Clinic. He was very brief and uncommunicative during my baby’s consultation. He just ignored my questions and was not detailed at all in his analysis.

I wish I had read your comment before I went to see Dr. Woon. I was also not happy with him at all when I brought my baby to him. He was not very thorough in his examination of my baby. He also prescribed a very expensive medicine that my baby had to take for a long time without considering if I can afford it. He also had bad comments about our past doctors.

Don’t make the same mistake that I did by going to Dr. Woon! He is simply not a good doctor! I was hoping he could prescribe a probiotic to improve my baby’s appetite but instead he gave my baby medicine to make him sleepy all the time. Shouldn’t he give my baby something to make him eat more, not sleep more?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast