Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you tell me more about abortions in Singapore?

Can you tell me more about abortions in Singapore?

How much do abortions cost in Singapore and where is the best place to have it done? Iím a student and I donít have much money so I want the cheapest rate. Can you help me?

I think you should think twice and tell your family first before going ahead with an abortion. It is a huge decision since the life of your baby is at stake! It may not be so now but you could live to regret your decision if you go for an abortion. It may haunt you throughout your whole life. Please seek the help of a counselor, priest or pastor before you make your decision.

The cost depends on where you have your abortion: in a government hospital or a private hospital. The cost is about $600+ but you can deduct Medisave from it. My friend had hers at TMC and she paid $200-$300 cash for it and the rest was Medisave.

Can I deduct Medisave if I’m not married?

Medisave can be deducted even if you’re not married. The only issue is whether you are underage or not.

At Chai Chee, the abortion costs about $450 plus 3 follow-up sessions of $80 each. At Jurong West, John Lim, a private abortionist beside block 496 coffee shop, conducts abortions for $380 plus 2 follow-ups of about $100 each. KKH abortions cost about $600 for class B2 and 4 days confinement. You can also use Medisave there.

You should not go for an abortion if your health is not an issue. You should learn to take some responsibility! You are taking the life of an innocent child. Think about that!

Abortion can affect you psychologically throughout your life. You may want to take the easy way out now but somewhere down the road it may haunt your conscience that you took an innocent life. You’ll see someone else’s child years in the future, for instance, and think of the one that you aborted. But then you will never have him back. Abortion may also affect your ability to conceive in the future. You might not be able to have a child right when you want one because of this.

The cost of an abortion is not too expensive if you are only 1-2 months pregnant. It may only cost about $400. If you are 2.5 to 3 months pregnant though, it may cost you as much as $1000. If you have Medisave, it can bring the cost down to $600.

Why don’t you carry the baby to full term, give birth to it and put it up for adoption? There are many couples out there who desperately want a baby but can’t conceive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast