Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good confinement lady?

Aunti Chong contact no.

Yinnli,

Can you pm me auntie chong contact numnber?

Quote Originally Posted by yinnli View Post
    Hi all,

I just want to share my experience with my confinement lady, Auntie Chong. She’s amazing! She comes from Malaysia and prepares traditional confinement food. Auntie Chong’s not stubborn in her ways and doesn’t make you abstain from shampoo-ing for a month. (I won’t be able to take it :/) Although I did abstain from shampoo-ing my hair for seven days but that's because I’ve always suffered from terrible headaches pre-pregnancy and I didn’t want to have more “wind” in my head later. She’ll also always prepare a bucket of herbal bath for you daily.

I had blocked ducts on some days which were hindering my milk flow. I’m so thankful that Auntie Chong had taken a course in massage. She knew exactly how to massage my breast and it made the milk flow a lot better. It was really really painful, but it’s still better than paying $150+ to get a lactation nurse to massage for you.

She’s pro breast milk and will boil big pots of soups for you to help you build and maintain your milk flow. Within the first few days of her arrival, my milk increased dramatically after drinking all her herbal soups. My baby’s on full breast milk and he is given formula only when I feel like he's still too hungry after drinking my milk. Longer sleeps for baby = longer sleeps for adults!

Auntie Chong has amazing knowledge in Chinese herbs (her brother has a medicinal hall that she helps ou at) and she has taken a course to learn how to massage baby too. I firmly believes that massages will help the baby sleep better and it's also some bonding time for us.

She cooks for you and your hubby. She also takes effort to mop the kitchen floor after preparing her meals. I also give her free reign to make my kitchen hers. I personally think that if she’s comfortable, she’ll be able to take care of you and baby better. After all, she’s going to be working with you for a month!

Overall, she's a real gem and I'm so thankful that I found her to help me in my confinement. I'm completely clueless cos this is my first born and my parents, in-laws weren't able to help much. She is very responsible and sincerely cares for me and baby's well-being.

If you’re interested to engage in her services, you can contact me at [email protected] or call me at 93886999

Here's some pics of the yummy food she made!

Hi moms, I am a confinement lady from Johor Bahru. During confinement period, I will take care of mom and baby and also cook confinement dishes for mom. If you are looking for confinement lady in year 2015, you may contact me at +6-016-788-6596 or PM me (Ya Yu 亚玉).

My confinement lady is Aunty Rita.. I luv luv her very much.. She taking very well on me & baby.. and her cooking skill are ichiban.. My hubby also like her.. U may call her at 83831238.

Okay, so here is my poor experience. Auntie Chong (who does sound really lovely and is recommended above) was busy so she recommended me to her friend Auntie Gek or Auntie Ah Gek (malaysian phone +601 2772 8845). Her cost was relatively quite expensive $2700, but I thought since she sounded nice also, we would just confirm it and stop worrying about confinement nannies. My mother-in-law called to confirm her, and she said deposit is $500, which I must pay to Auntie Chong's bank account. In parallel, I was trying to arrange a confinement lady work visa with MOM, which required Auntie Gek's passport, identity card, etc. When I asked her and Auntie Chong for these details, I heard nothing back. I followed up, but still nothing. After three days, Auntie Chong called me to say that Auntie Gek had accepted another job. During this time, I has turned down two other confinement ladies which I had spoken to, since I had already confirmed with Auntie Gek. So, my warning is to be careful when dealing with Auntie Gek as she may not be completely trustworthy. Also be careful when confinement ladies recommend their friends!

In parallel, now I have no confinement lady options, since the others I turned down are booked out, despite baby not coming for another 7 months

Hi i highly recommend my My confinement lady Aunty Chan. I extended her for 3 months as she took such good care of me and my baby. She cooks well, is knowledgeable and experienced and hygienic which is important for baby. She is easygoing and has a pleasant personality and is great at interacting with babies. My baby is so happy with her that he smiles and laughs each time he sees her, and she was able to calm him and he could sleep through the night after a few weeks! She is pro breast feeding and boils herbal soups for me . Her contact is 83607995 or Msia mobile 010 705 7296

Aunty Siew

Quote Originally Posted by pinkybluebling View Post
    I suggest you contact my confinement nanny Auntie Siew from Tangkak, Malaysia. She is a stay-in confinement nanny. She is very attentive to me and my baby and even cares for my husband as well. She cooks all our food and even does the marketing for us. She never fails to cook a good bowl of soup for me with every meal as according to her; this will increase my breast milk supply. For the weeks that she has been with us, I have had a good night’s sleep because I know she will take care of everything. If you are interested to get her, call her at +6016 6870058 or 830 58350.

Agree with pinkybluebling! I having my confinement with her now. Indeed she is really a humble & easy going confinement aunty. Her food is really healthy (less salt & not oily) yet is still yummy. Very experience aunty. Unfortunately aunty Siew lost her phone so the above hp number no longer in use.
    Here is her new number 017-6567282 or 91628033.
    Aunty Siew doesn't know how to open message, so is better to call instead of message her. She might not pick up your call while she is busy. So good luck to who ever need her service. And hope that she won't lost her hp again.

Aunty Siew

Quote Originally Posted by Wingbell View Post
    After reading the latest post above, I'm so glad I did not choose Aunty Lian. I was deciding between Aunty Siew (May Ng) or Aunty Lian.
    Aunty Siew is really very good. Today is her last day with me and all of us are sad to see her go. My family (My parents, Husband and etc) likes her a lot as she helps out not only with baby and me but also helps in mopping and sweeping the entire house. She will always clean up the kitchen after using (cooking my confinement food). I can say my baby son is not easy to look after as he wakes up every 2 to 2 and a half hours to drink milk thus Aunty Siew hardly have any sleep throughout the night but she still wakes up diligently to feed my son and takes really good care of me. I breastfeed my son during the day and at night Aunty Siew wants me to sleep well so she will feed 2 to 3 times of milk powder. Lastly as mentioned and recommend previously by someone in this forum (somewhere in Sep 2013), Aunty Siew does brew very good soups especially the green papaya fish soup which indeed helps to increase my milk supply.

Overall, I will highly recommend Aunty Siew (May Ng) to anybody who needs a stay in confinement aunty who can cook delicious confinement food, brew good soups, and will let you have a good night sleep. her contact numbers are: Malaysia (60166113048) Singapore (+6584206146).

Am using aunty Siew too. Agree what mentioned above. She is really humble & nice lady & her food is really healthy (less salt & oil) but yet still delicious. She also read book for my girls when I ask for her help.
    Aunty Siew has change her hp number due to lost of her phone. Here is her new hp 91628033 & Msia- 0176567282. Am posting this cause she is really a nice aunty & I hope she can get more job.
    Those who interested hire her pls do call her directly instead of message. Cause she mentioned that she does not know how to type message thus lost lot of job opportunity.
    Good luck to those who want to hire her & hope she won't change her hp number again!

Hi Vicky,
    Are you still doing confinement with Aunty Siew? I'm considering of hiring her for my confinement. really hope to find one nice and dependable. =) what does she cook everyday?

Hi Vicky, I tried calling Auntie Siew, as she told me that she'll call me ard 4 or 5th Dec, but till now she hasn't contacted me. I tried calling both her sg and msia no. but it's turned off.

do you know if she's changed her number?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    Am using aunty Siew too. Agree what mentioned above. She is really humble & nice lady & her food is really healthy (less salt & oil) but yet still delicious. She also read book for my girls when I ask for her help.
    Aunty Siew has change her hp number due to lost of her phone. Here is her new hp 91628033 & Msia- 0176567282. Am posting this cause she is really a nice aunty & I hope she can get more job.
    Those who interested hire her pls do call her directly instead of message. Cause she mentioned that she does not know how to type message thus lost lot of job opportunity.
    Good luck to those who want to hire her & hope she won't change her hp number again!
    Hi, I tried calling Auntie Siew these few days but both her sg and msia numbered are turned off. Do you know if she's changed her number? she told me that she'll call me on 4 or 5 dec but till now I haven't heard from her and my confinement is next month! Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast