Thread: What are the symptoms before actual labor?

What are the symptoms before actual labor?

My EDD is coming soon but until now I donít feel anything. Are there symptoms I should watch out for before the baby comes out? Or will it just be contractions before the actual labor.

You will experience Braxton Hicks more and more each day as you come near your actual delivery date. Sometimes the water bag will burst, some will have contractions. Different people will have different experiences.

I did not have any symptoms until my water bag burst.

Luckily, it was only 1 hour from when my water bag burst until delivery or else I don’t know how I could have withstood the pain.

My water bag did not burst also. I only had contractions and spotting.

The night before my delivery, I just had strong urges to go pee and poop. My water bag did not burst and I did not have any bleeding.

Whether your water bag burst or you have contractions or not, when your tummy feels as hard as a rock that’s when you are ready to labor.

Quote Originally Posted by chew the gum View Post
    My EDD is coming soon but until now I don’t feel anything. Are there symptoms I should watch out for before the baby comes out? Or will it just be contractions before the actual labor.
    Braxton Hicks. They're true contractions and signals the start of your labor. If that happens, it's time to go to the doctor for birthing preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by chew the gum View Post
    My EDD is coming soon but until now I don’t feel anything. Are there symptoms I should watch out for before the baby comes out? Or will it just be contractions before the actual labor.

You will start experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions which signals the true labor. Then your water will break like an urine that you can't control because it will flow like water. Then cramps will be felt after a series of contractions.