Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I go for induction or C-section?

Should I go for induction or C-section?

My gynecologist suggested I go for induction but Iím not keen on it. Should I go for induction or C-section?

Induction is a longer process. It’s possible that you will deliver from 1 or more days. There is also no guarantee that the cervix will dilate even after several attempts of inserting the pill. You might still have to go for a C-section if induction fails.

If you go for surgery you will not be able to take care of your baby after because you have to heal first. I suggest induction because you’ll be up and about after.

Yes I’ve thought of that but when I consider how long induction might take and that there is no guarantee that it won’t lead to a C-section, I decided to go straight for C-section. My mother can help me take care of the baby for a while.

My husband and I decided to go for a C-section. We don’t want to put the baby through prolonged suffering and distress.

If you go for C-section, it’s better to let the wound heal for at least 2 years before trying for a 2nd baby. If it’s less than 2 years, there is a chance that the wound from the C-section might tear when you push.

If you’re going for a C-section and you’re brave enough, you should go for Epi. For me, I was really scared so I opted for GA and suffered later.

For C-section, aside from the fact that it takes a longer time to heal, you might have to go for another C-section for your next birth.

I had a C-section and I couldn’t sit up to breastfeed my baby.

If you take Epi when you have a C-section, it will cause shivering and vomiting. If you go for GA, you’ll feel giddy the whole day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast