Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I induce?

Should I induce?

Iím in my 37th week of pregnancy. Iím ill at ease, canít sleep properly, wake up and get really sweaty in the middle of the night. I donít know if I should induce.

It’s possible that at 37 weeks the baby will still come out naturally. If not go for an emergency C-section.

Is the discomfort you’re feeling bearable? If it is then don’t induce. I was supposed to be induced but the pain from the pills being inserted into my cervix was too much. I was also told that if induction fails and I go for C-section, the fees will double.

Induction is safe. All my 3 children were induced.

I was induced due to low amniotic fluid during my 39th week. I got inserted 2 pills and it was only on the 3rd day that I was able to give birth. I think it’s better to let your baby decide how it wants to come out unless your doctor tells you otherwise.

Don’t induce! It’s extremely painful. Better to give birth the natural way.

You’re only on your 37th week. You can wait 3 more weeks.

I went to my gynecologist today. He said he doesn’t recommend induction unless it’s for a medical reason, but added that if baby is too big by next week he would consider induction.

Your gynecologist is right. If your baby has not engaged, even if you induce, the chances of you going for emergency C-section is greater.

Went to another gynecologist appointment today. I’m so happy my baby’s head is engaged and he is healthy. I guess I’ll let my baby decide when he wants to come out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast