Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son has baby acne. What can I do?

My son has baby acne. What can I do?

My baby has a lot of pimples on his face. It has been a month now but they have not subsided. What can I do?

My son also has pimples. My pediatrician told me that my baby’s acne problem is because of irritation from the pacifier and his saliva. If your baby’s problem persists, go to your doctor.

I’m afraid to put any cream on my baby’s face because I’m afraid he will touch his face and then put his hands in his mouth and thus, eat the cream.

Apparently, baby acne is due to overproduction of sebum as a result of hormonal imbalance.

Yes baby acne is common. If the baby acne is caused by maternal hormones, it will clear up when he’s 6 or 8 weeks old.

I applied aloe vera gel on my baby’s pimples. It is quite effective.

I brought my baby to the pediatrician because of baby acne. The doctor gave him some steroid cream. However, steroid creams tend to dry up my son’s face so I also had to use moisturizer. I also had to make sure his skin is very clean so I used SebaMed to bathe my baby.

I read in a magazine that more than 20% of newborn babies are afflicted with baby acne. It is caused by maternal hormones which get to the placenta during delivery. This stimulates the baby’s sebaceous glands which lead to pimples.

Try applying a thin layer of diaper rash cream like Destin. It was suggested by my pediatrician. Avoid hydrocortisone creams. They contain steroids which is not good for the baby.

Clean your baby’s face with cool boiled water but clean gently and take care not to burst the pimples as the pus will spread the pimples more. Also buy some California Calendula Cream and apply to his face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast