Thread: Do you read to your baby?

Do you read to your baby?

When is the best time to read a book to your baby and what types of books should I read to her?

I heard that during the first few months, babies’ eyes can only see in black and white. If this is true then will it be better to get books that are in black and white?

You can read anytime of the day to your baby. You can start with short and simple board books. I started reading to my baby at 6 months old and now she can read at age 2.5 years old.

I heard that too. However, my baby started liking colors at age 3 months so I got to read her lots of colorful board books.

I don’t restrict our reading to just books. If we’re at a supermarket, for example, and my baby shows interest in a can of baked beans, I’ll point to the picture in the can and read the label to her.

I feel so guilty I didn’t start my baby on reading earlier. Now he is 2 years old and still can’t sit still and read a book.

You should read, talk and sing to your baby as much as possible. It’s very important for speech development.