Thread: I need some breastfeeding advice.

I need some breastfeeding advice.

I didnít breastfeed my first 2 children when they were babies because they didnít want to latch on. Now Iím due for my 3rd baby and I want to breastfeed him but Iím afraid that he wonít latch on either.

After I delivered in the hospital, my baby was brought to me for breastfeeding immediately. I think that helps a lot. I read that getting the baby to latch on within 30 min to 1 hour after being born will make it easier to breastfeed him later on.

You have to keep your breasts clean. Use a small towel to wipe away your breast and nipples. Also get some nipple cream in case you get sore nipples.

Get nipple shields, breast pads, disposable milk bags and extra bottles just in case you want to bottle feed in between your breastfeeding.

Positive thinking is important because it is quite painful if the latching is not accurate. You will get the hang of it though. Also rest is very important for good milk production.

It is always important to learn some basic breastfeeding skills before childbirth which include breastfeeding positions, diet, breastfeeding on demand, problems that you may encounter such as breast engorgement, blocked milk duct.

There are many breastfeeding positions you can try to make sure it will be comfortable for both your baby and you.

I notice some give up just because in the first days they do not produce 'enough' milk. 'Enough' milk for them means it will be something like 100ml each time. This is wrong. I am not able to tell you the details here, but most important to give your breast more stimulation, then more milk will be produced. Do not give up easily and try to seek help early.