Thread: Which is better for IVF - Private or Government hospital?

Which is better for IVF - Private or Government hospital?

Hello everyone.

I have a few questions about doing IVF in a private or government hospital. Right now, I'm at Raffles but i haven't decided which doctor to choose yet to do the IVF procedure. I learned a few things about comparing prices between Raffles and KKH. Raffles is a whole lot expensive than KKH, i know that. But i'm worried about the range of effectiveness of their procedure. Money matters to me but if it's worth it then so be it.

If you have experience about having IVF procedure, can you share your cost you've spent? Your experiences, comments about the hospital you went to.
    I know i'm asking a lot but i hope it's okay with you.

Thanks for future replies.

Hi Bianbian.

So proud of you for braving to do IVF. My gynae suggested the same thing but we (hubby and I) haven't decided yet. My husband is somewhat reluctant because he feared for me. Hopefully we'll get through that bridge soon.

A friend of mine have used Dr. Sheila Loh for IVF. She previously worked at KKH but moved to Raffles after some time. If you don't like her, you can try Dr. L C Foong. He is my gynae currently and he's quite good. Heard a lot about successful IVF cases by him.

Whoever and whatever hospital you chose, it's important that both you and your husband will find it beneficial. As to the rate of successful IVF procedure, i can't really tell that this hospital does better than that hospital. You have to figure that out by trying. I hope you'll have a successful procedure and will be glad to hear you getting pregnant months after.

Take care.

Thank you carebear for the info and to your suggestions as well.

Yes i heard about Dr. Sheila Loh. I just learned that she was from KKH though when you told me.
    Anyway, my officemate had an IVF recently and got pregnant after first try. She had the procedure at KKH under Dr. Sadhana who is also the Senior Consultant at KKH.

I'm interested to meet and discuss about my options. I'm apparently inspired by my officemate's experience is why i'm planning to choose KKH. But my options are still open. The issue about getting the procedure in a private hospital is because i don't think i can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by bianbian View Post
    Thank you carebear for the info and to your suggestions as well.

Yes i heard about Dr. Sheila Loh. I just learned that she was from KKH though when you told me.
    Anyway, my officemate had an IVF recently and got pregnant after first try. She had the procedure at KKH under Dr. Sadhana who is also the Senior Consultant at KKH.

I'm interested to meet and discuss about my options. I'm apparently inspired by my officemate's experience is why i'm planning to choose KKH. But my options are still open. The issue about getting the procedure in a private hospital is because i don't think i can afford it.
    Bianbian are you aware that KKH has website for their Fertility department? If you don't then it's the time for you to start exploring their site. I got a lot of info there about IVF. I'm currently contemplating of having one too. I think i prefer to have it at KKH because they seem to give more importance about it than other hospitals.