Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: What to eat and what not to eat when pregnant?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Hello everyone,

    To add to the no-no list are spicy dishes and canned goods. Preservatives in canned goods are not good for the baby and spicy dishes may caused some allergic reaction but eat them moderately if you can't help yourself from eating some.

    Goodluck and stay healthy.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8
    Hi Chrissyyeo,
    I suggest drinking more milk as it is good for the baby as well as to your bones. One good brand is Anmum. I've used it when i was pregnant and it was great. Get yourself more folic acid too by eating wholemeal bread or taking vitamins rich in folic acid.
    Bird's nest is good but don't eat too much because they claim that it can produce more phlegm so bad for the baby.

    Stay healthy.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    I'm 12 weeks pregnant and so far doing good. I am taking folic acid everyday and drinking milk although i prefer to drink coffee or tea. Well, I have to listen to my gynae and endure not eating stuff i like. She said coffee and tea are not good for pregnant women as well as mutton and crabs. I think most mummies have covered everything fairly well so I just added what's not in the list yet.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Hello all, coconut juice is also good for pregnant women. Mom advised me to drink it 2 weeks before delivery because it helps a lot to make the baby come out easily.
    Have you heard about it Chrissyyeo?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
    Hello all, coconut juice is also good for pregnant women. Mom advised me to drink it 2 weeks before delivery because it helps a lot to make the baby come out easily.
    Have you heard about it Chrissyyeo?
    Hi Agnes,
    Thanks for you suggestion. My friends suggested coconut juice weeks before delivery too and i'm putting that on my list.
    I heard that squid is a no-no but i don't know what's the reason behind it. Is it because it affects the skin of the baby?

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6
    Hello,

    Is it okay to drink coconut juice in can? I'm afraid i don't have time to get fresh ones because i don't know how to open it. My husband is working overseas and i'm pretty much on my own.

    Thanks for your answers.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Hello,

    Is it okay to drink coconut juice in can? I'm afraid i don't have time to get fresh ones because i don't know how to open it. My husband is working overseas and i'm pretty much on my own.

    Thanks for your answers.
    I think is better to get those fresh coconuts to drink rather than buying the canned ones. Or u can drink them at fruit stall too if u found it a hassle opening the fresh coconuts urself at home.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Happykae View Post
    Hi fellow MTBs, is it true that we have to avoid eating big variety of fish? Why can't we eat durian?

    I appreciate your answers.
    Think can eat durian but eat moderate
    do not eat too much if ur baby weight is quite big or else hard to come out during delivery.
    but if baby weight is slightly small in mummy stomach, can eat some durian so that the baby will grow to become bigger.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hi all mummies out there, I am also in my 9th weeks pregnant and just seen the gynae yesterday..everything went well and baby was in good condition...
    i would like to know about the foods to avoid and the food that you can take more...anyone care to advise?

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sthomas View Post
    Hi all mummies out there, I am also in my 9th weeks pregnant and just seen the gynae yesterday..everything went well and baby was in good condition...
    i would like to know about the foods to avoid and the food that you can take more...anyone care to advise?
    You should avoid stuff like liver, shell fish etc. take some prenatal milks that you can ask the gynae to prescribe or you can buy at pharmacy or NTUC. You should just have a healthy diet and eat everything in moderation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any problem posting, unable to login or notice any suspicious activities, you can email us at admin@hipponetwork.com. We do our best to response within 24 hours.